Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sweet November

As the seasons breeze through my ordinary life, I am reminded of the beautiful outdoors! Halloween came and went without much flurry around here; no tricksters or treaters in sight.

But the following week has been so full of anticipation and excitement. David has been busy with the political action campaign for Steelworkers. Due to his absence, I have had lots of quilting/quiet time. I was thrilled that he was able to be home on Election night so we could share the making of history. We are both so excited for our new president and for all of America!

After a long stretch of small projects, I have finally finished a quilt. This project was a block of the month that I purchased in a sale bin. I had the patterns for quite a while before actually gathering up the courage to begin. I am so excited to have finally completed it and have it hanging on my guest room wall.

No comments: