Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Approaching the end of October............

I have been one busy little bee lately! In September I read Identical Harts and Black Hills and saw several movies: All About Steve, Whiteout, The Informant, Pandorum, and Surrogate. I stayed busy making aprons for several days finishing all 24 of them. I ordered the Simplicity Bias Tape maker and was so excited that it arrived perfectly for me to give it a good workout for the apron project. Aren't new toys fun? Accompanying David on a few business trip during the month was fun. On the 16, I attended a 50s theme party and couldn't resist dressing the part. It gave me a chance to wear my Pat Boone portrait pin with the little white shoes and a circular skirt. I always have loved playing dress-up!

October arrived with a break in the drought bringing lots of rain. I have read Sullivan's Island and am now reading 92 Pacific Blvd. So far this month, we have seen Love Happens, Invention of Lying, Couples Retreat and Law Abiding Citizen.

Last week was a time for fun. Yvonne and I attended a quilter's group in Jasper, TX and made tote bags called Sunday Satchels. On Thursday we headed to Houston for the International Quilt Festival. Oh my, what an adventure. We had so much fun shopping the 2000+ vendors, we didn't even get around to viewing the quilt exhibits until Friday. We made some excellent purchases and enjoyed seeing all the new products and creativity of others work.

This week I have been busy catching up from being away. I am looking forward to attending my Thursday sit and stitch group so I can put a few more stitches in Dear Jane. But the biggie is coming up............my 40th high school reunion in Galveston. I know the weekend will fly by in the blink of an eye. It will be great getting together with friends after so many years. We invited the class 1970 to join us so this should prove to be a very exciting time.

Although I didn't get a great deal of sewing/quilting done this month, I refueled my creativity and hope to enjoy productive time in the studio real soon.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Aunt Suzy,
Love the picture of you in the poodle skirt! So cute!!!

Also love the highschool picture - you were a hottie! :)