Friday, December 11, 2009

Gleaning every bit of 2009..............

As we approach not only the dawn of a new month but a whole new year, I am busy trying to enjoy every bit of 2009.

As always, we have made it to the movies quite a bit enjoying: Amelia, The Box, 2012, A Christmas Carol, Blind Side, Old Dogs, and Everybody's Fine.

Books read: Just Breathe, Ford County, A Quilter's Holiday, and Fox's Earth.

During November, I attended the Gift Shop in Orange, TX bringing all the aprons for the sale. It was so much fun getting to visit with old friends. The following weekend, we tailgated and attended the LSU vs. LA Tech game in Baton Rouge. It was really an exciting game. Tech made the Tigers work for that win!

I completed one of the sweatshirt projects purchased at the Houston Quilt Festival and have enjoyed wearing it several times.
























I have been working tirelessly on the handquilting of my Dear Jane quilt. Having completed all the quilting, I was able to get the binding stitched on and have it finally complete after all these years. How excited I was to make that last stitch.























It has been a busy month with getting decorations up, shopping, attending holiday functions, etc. We are looking forward to a wonderful Christmas celebration with Chris, Lori and Jordon here at the house then will travel to Arizona t see Aimee, David, Alex and Caitie.

It is getting to that time when everyone is thinking about New Year's Resolutions. Well, here is mine: I aim to do a better job of giving more attention to this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your dear Jane Suzy. Mine is still being worked on although have not done anything with it since March as I work on getting some of these UFOs made into tops so I can put them on the longarm and finally have some quilts for us.