Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Time.......and the living is easy!


Oh my gosh! Someone must be stealing my blog posts. Surely I have not neglected my blog all this time? Have I been in a coma or what? My last picture posted was of the challenge project I made for the Quilting Retreat I attended in April. Yvonne and I had a great time in Quitman, TX. We met 30 wonderful ladies from all over. We each made a Turning Twenty quilt top and I even made 15 Paducah 9-patch blocks for our church raffle quilt. The quilt top is finished and already quilted and ready to give away.

It has been an exciting time in that I finished piecing the border blocks for my Dear Jane quilt. It is in the hoop and I already have about 8 of the blocks hand quilted. No promises on the completion of it any time soon. I have designated it my Thursday project to occupy my hands during my church group sit and sew session.






During this time I have also finished my Mystery on the Oriental Express quilt from my online group. I hand quilted it also.





I have been busy the past few days making tote bags. I purchased a couple of pieces of color print fabric and black for lining. I sandwiched each print with batting and a lining then machine quilted with loops and swirls. I cut tote bag sections from the prequilted fabric and made 4 tote bags with outside and inside pockets. I had previously purchased nylon web for handles; it takes quite a bit for each bag because I stitch the handles around the bottom of the bag for extra strength and stability. I still have to make sturdy fabric covered cardboard inserts for the bottom of the bags.

No comments: